|A Loving Church...Serving a Living Savior
|1. We believe that love one for another, as Jesus loves the believer, manifests
our discipleship, proves our love for God and symbolizes our authority as
New Testament churches. Love is therefor the great commandment of the
LORD Jesus Christ, upon which all other are dependent (Matt. 22:35-40; John
13:34, 35; John 15:12; I John 4:7-21; I John 5:1-3; Rev. 2:4,5).
2. We believe in the infallible, verbal inspiration of the whole Bible, and that
the Bible is the all-sufficient rule of faith and practice (Psalm 119:160; 2 Tim.
3. We believe in the personal triune God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, equal
in divine perfection (Matt. 28:19).
4. We believe in the Genesis account of Creation (Gen. 1:2).
5. We believe that Satan is a fallen angel, the archenemy of God and man, the
unholy god of this world, and that his destiny is the eternal lake of fire (Isa.
14:12-15; Ezek. 28:11-19; Matt. 25:41; 2 Cor. 4:4; Eph. 6:10-17; Rev. 20:10).
6. We believe in the virgin birth and sinless humanity of Jesus Christ (Matt.
1:18-20; 2 Cor. 5:21; I Peter 2:22).
7. We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ (John 10:30; John 1:1, 14; 2 Cor.
8. We believe the Holy Spirit is the divine Administrator for Jesus Christ in
His churches (Luke 24:49; John 14:16,17; Acts 1:4, 5, 8; Acts 2:1-4).
9. We believe that miraculous spiritual manifestation gifts were done away
when the Bible was completed. Faith, Hope and Love are the vital abiding
Spiritual Gifts (I Cor. Chapters 12-14).
10. We believe that Man was crated in the image of God and lived in innocency
until he fell by voluntary transgression from his sinless state, the result being
that all mankind are sinners (Gen. 1:26; Gen. 3:6-24; Rom. 5:12-19).
11. We believe that the suffering and death of Jesus Christ was substitutionary
for all mankind and is efficacious only to those who believe (Isa. 53:6; Heb 2:9;
1 Peter 2:24; 1 Peter 3:18; 2 Peter 3:9; 1 John 2:2).
12. We believe in the bodily resurrection and ascension of Christ and the
bodily resurrection of His saints (Matt. 28:1-7; Acts 1:9-11; I Cor. 15:42-58; I
13. We believe in the premillennial, personal, bodily return of Christ as the
crowning event of the Gentile age. This event will include the resurrection of
the righteous to eternal heaven, and the Millennium will be followed by the
resurrection of the unrighteous unto eternal punishment in the lake of fire and
that the righteous shall enter into the heaven age (John 14:1-6; 1 Thess. 4:13-18;
2 Thess. 2:8; Rev. 19; Rev. 20:4-6; Rev. 20:11-15; Rev. 21:8).
14. We believe that the depraved sinner is saved wholly by grace through faith
in Jesus Christ, and the requisites to regeneration are repentance toward God
and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ (Luke 13:3-5; John 3:16-18; Acts 20:21; Rom.
6:23; Eph. 2:8, 9), and that the Holy Spirit convicts sinners, regenerates, seals,
and indwells every believer (John 3:6; John 16:8, 9; Rom. 8:9-11; I Cor. 6:19,
20; Eph. 4:30; Titus 3:5).
15. We believe that all who trust Jesus Christ for salvation are eternally secure
in Him and shall not perish (John 3:36; John 5:24; John 10:27-30; Rom.
8:35-39; Heb. 10:39; I Peter 1:5).
16. We believe that God deals with believers as His children, that He chastises
the disobedient, and that He rewards the obedient (Matt. 16:27; Matt. 25:14-23;
John 1:12; Heb. 12:5-11; 2 John 8; Rev. 22:12).
17. We believe that Jesus Christ established His church during His ministry on
earth and that it is always a local, visible assembly of scripturally baptized
believers in covenant relationship to carry out the Commission of the Lord
Jesus Christ, and each church is an independent, self-governing body, and no
other ecclesiastical body may exercise authority over it. We believe that Jesus
Christ gave the Great Commission to the New Testament churches only, and
that He promised the perpetuity of His churches (Matt. 4:18-22; Matt. 16:18;
Matt. 28:19, 20; Mark 1:14-20; John 1:35-51; Eph. 3:21).
18. We believe that there are two pictorial ordinances in the Lord's churches:
Baptism and the Lord's Supper. Scriptural baptism is the immersion of
penitent believer in water, administered by the authority of a New Testament
church in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. The Lord's Supper is a
memorial ordinance, restricted to the member of the church observing the
ordinance (Matt. 28:19, 20; Acts 8:12, 38; Rom. 6:4; I Cor. 5:11-13; I Cor. 11:1,
2, 17-20, 26).
19. We believe that there are two divinely appointed offices in a church,
pastors and deacons, to be filled by men whose qualifications are set forth in
Titus and 1 Timothy.
20. We believe that all associations, fellowships, and committees are, and
properly should be, servants of, and under control of the churches (Matt.
21. We believe in freedom of worship without interference from the
government and affirm our belief in civil obedience, unless the laws and
regulations of civil government run contrary to the Holy Scriptures (Rom.
13:1-7; I Peter 2:13-15).
We are affiliated and fellowship with the American Baptist Association
Click here to visit the American Baptist Association
What We Are:
A group of saved,
believers in Christ
covenanted together to carry
out the work of the Lord
Jesus Christ as set forth in
Who We are:
A Bible believing,
Baptist church with
traditional worship services.
To be faithful to the Lord
Jesus Christ and to carry out
the Biblical priorities
established for us by the
Lord as recorded in the
inspired Word of God.
The Biblical priorities
established by Christ for His
1. Evangelism - sharing the
love of God through Christ
Jesus by sharing the Gospel
with those who are lost.
2. Discipleship - learning,
teaching and doing all
things that Christ
3. Edification - building
each other up and building
up our church in the grace
and knowledge of the Lord
and encouraging one
another to faithful service to
4. Stewardship -
appropriately managing the
things God has entrusted to
us, including our lives,
finances and our church.
1. Always remain faithful to
Christ in all that we do.
2. Maintain, support and
encourage the current
strengths of our church.
3. Focus on evangelism of
families, beginning with the
4. Build upon our strengths
in all areas of evangelism
5. Seek God's will and
guidance concerning the
Missionary on the field that
6. Develop - as a church
body - a Land Usage and
Master Plan for our property
and church facilities.
|First Missionary Baptist Church - Buchanan, Michigan
We are pleased to offer Children's Church on
Sunday mornings at 11:00 a.m. for children ages
5 through 12. Larry and Clara Gardiner lovingly
teach the children basic Biblical principles
using a puppet ministry, Bible lessons and songs.